I’m heading back to Alaska where my youngest daughter is finishing up high school. I was thinking about the current governor and her latest foray into the national scene. This woman is a damn good project manager. Whether you like Sarah Palin or not, she knows how to get things done (which is after all the job of a project manager). Here are the five reasons why Sarah Palin has a future in project management, regardless of what happens in her political career:
- When hunting, Sarah uses the most efficient means possible to achieve her goals.
- She knows how to make friends with the right people to create incredible opportunities for her career.
- She manages a multifaceted job while juggling her 7+ member family.
- She has long range vision (Russia is a long way from Wasilla).
- Sarah knows how to squeeze money from her state’s sponsors to keep her constituents happy (and warm).
A big hooray for Sarah. And Sarah – you were great on Saturday Night Live but stay away from the other media – those folks just aren’t as nice to you. I don’t think they quite grasp the Alaskan way of life or our sensibilities. SNL seems to have a much better handle on life up north.